Re-Chord is a guitar themed strategy board game. We've been developing Re-Chord for over a year and have made incredible progress in making it the best guitar game to ever hit the tabletop. Re-Chord was recently awarded "Most Innovative Game of 2017" as Connecticut Festival of Indie Games. We also showed Re-Chord to attendees of PAX South 2017 and the response was overwhelmingly positive. Below is a bit of basic information about the game as well as some photos of players enjoying Re-Chord.
In Re-Chord guitarists each have a hidden secret color which they and only they know until the very end of the game. There are a few options per turn but the main action is choosing a pick from either the public draft pile or the bag, then deciding where to place it. Each pick has a power relating to the board or other picks which creates intense strategic choices. Guitarists attempt to get the most of their color picks onto each fret of the board by the time popularity scoring is triggered. In addition to gaining popularity via area control, players have cards with real guitar chords on them which they attempt to complete based on certain pick placements. Play resumes until the first four frets are full and the player with the most popularity wins.
The guitar theme is exemplified in almost every aspect of our new game Re-Chord. The overall use of the guitar fret board as the play surface and picks as pieces are of course the apparent thematic pieces. Below are a few more subtle thematic bits.
- Each hidden role is tied to a different genre of music, and it's guitar logo is a model often used to record or preform that type of music.
- Guitar players move all about the fret board with their fingers, and in that regard picks can often be moved or replaced during the game!
- Completing chords simulates "playing" them on a guitar and at the end of the game you'll come away with some amount of guitar knowledge!
- Points are represented by popularity, the most popular guitarist by the end of the jam session wins!
- Misplaying a chord is just like messing up on stage, you don't get a chance to go back and try again, it's a live performance!
Our Kickstarter campaign is currently in development and launches on September 27th. We have self published our games until this point but want Re-Chord to be the best possible game it can be for the best cost. We'd love this game to be in the collection of everyone who has ever aspired to be a musician and board game masters alike.
We've gotten one of the best artists in the industry to craft an incredible box cover for us, the amazingly talented Jennifer Hrabota Lesser. You can check out more of her awesome work HERE.
We've partnered with one of the best Kickstarter Experts in the business, Daniel Zayas of The Daniel Zayas Company to help us bring you one of the most unique and fun games of the year.
We appreciate you taking the time to look at Re-Chord, and hope you'll consider backing it once we take it live in September. Please come chat with us on Facebook and Board Game Geek, we love talking to our fans!